5 March 2017
Start Time : 7:30 a.m. (marathon), 7:45 a.m. (half marathon)
Number of Places : 4,000
The Malta Marathon is a near-miracle, taking place on a tiny island of only 122 square miles.
There is also a Malta Half Marathon.
Malta Marathon Route
The race starts outside Malta's old capital Mdina, passing along the main road of Rabat, through Nigret through the Mtarfa by-pass on to the 6km point in Ta' Qali.
Athletes pass round Ta' Qali, down towards Attard, then via Mosta, back in the direction of Attard and onto
Ta' Qali, now the 27km mark.
The last third of the Malta Marathon. Runners pass through Mdina Glass, back towards
Attard, this time through the Mriehel bypass. Next they are directed to the Hamrun/Marsa bypass, Marsa, Blata L-Bajda,
Sa' Maison, Pieta, Msida, Ta Xbiex and Gzira before the dash for the finish line in Sliema.
Malta Marathon Entry
* Entry (Euros) : EUR 30 (until Dec 31), EUR 40 (until Jan 15)
* Entry (Pounds) : £27 (until Dec 31), £35 (until Jan 15)
* Registration Deadline : 15 January
Contact : Malta Marathon Organising Committee
Address : PO Box 1, Zebbug, ZBG1000, Malta
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.maltamarathon.com
* Cut-off Time : Runners are expected to finish within 5 hours.
* Charities : The Malta Marathon supports Inspire -The Foundation for Inclusion.