12 March 2017
Start Time : 8:30 a.m.
Number of Places : Over 17,000 runners are expected to participate.
The Barcelona Marathon (or Marathon Catalunya) is a well organised race and runs past many of
the city's impressive sights.
Barcelona Marathon Route
The race is flat, with very few hills, making it ideal for achieving a good time.
Runners start and finish below the green hills of Montjuic Park in front of the Magic Fountain. They then race thorough the city
enjoying many of the sites of the Catalan capital. Along the way they will see Camp Nou (home to FC Barcelona),
Gaudi's magnificent La Pedrera and his cathedral masterpiece Sagrada Familia as well as the
Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Barcelona Marathon Entry
* Entry Fee : EUR 61.50 (until 10,000 runners), EUR 73.00 (from 10,001 to 17,000 runners), EUR 84.00 (from 17,001 runners)
* Registration Deadline : 6 March
Contact : Marato de Barcelona
Address : Gran Via 8-10, 6 planta, 08902 Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Tel. : +34 902 43 17 63
Fax. : +34 93 422 10 96
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.zurichmaratobarcelona.com
* Cut-off Time : Runners will be expected to finish within 6 hours.
* Breakfast Run : On the Saturday before the race there will be a Breakfast Run, from the Magic Fountains, starting at 9:30am.
* Pasta Party : There will be a free Pasta Party at the Expo. Runners are allowed to bring one guest.